|Physical therapy visit||75$|
Physical Therapy NY
Physical therapy is a method of treatment in the way of the effect on the human body of various physical factors: light waves, magnetic field, temperature, ultrasonic radiation, electric current. Physical therapists use physiotherapy, as it is one of the components of the complex treatment of diseases, which helps to speed up the healing process. Physical therapy has the following advantages:
- it is painless, and the risk of side effects is minimal;
- the use of physiotherapy while taking medications enhances the effect of drugs, which allows you to shorten the period of taking medications, thereby reducing the drug load on the body;
- it improves blood supply to organs and stimulate local and general immunity;
- it has a long-term therapeutic effect and increases the period of remission of chronic diseases;
- in the absence of contraindications it is a safe method of treatment.
Physiotherapy is widely used in the rehabilitation of sports injuries. Sports therapists treat a wide range of pathologies that negatively affect the work of the musculoskeletal system, as well as treat injuries of varying complexity received during sports. In addition, if necessary, the specialist can refer to other specialists who work in the field of surgery, dentistry, neurology, etc.
Physical therapy has clear indications and contraindications for conducting, therefore, only the doctor decides and chooses the optimal method of physiotherapy and the duration of the course of treatment.
Physiotherapy is a branch of medicine, therefore physical therapists must have a wide range of medical knowledge. Physiotherapy is a wide area, which includes diagnostics and treatment of different directions: pediatrics, orthopedics, neurology.
Professional Physical Therapy in New York
To feel the full benefits of physical therapy, you need to find a professional doctor, which is not so easy to do. Advanced Medical Care in Queens, offers you best physical therapy in NYC by therapists with over 20 years of clinic experience, who know how to use modern technology in combination with hands-on physical therapy. Physical therapy in New York is becoming more popular among the people as it recommends to everyone who cares about their health. Having a high efficiency of this method, doctors often use it for preventive purposes.
- Acute injuries, sprains and strains
- Low back pain and sciatica
- Neck pain and radiculopathy
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- Nerve impingement and herniated discs
- Post-surgical conditions and rehabilitation
- Cluster headaches
- Tension headaches
- Neurological conditions, post-stroke
- Loss of function, poor balance, and gait
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Massage therapy
- Therapeutic exercises and stretching
- Manual traction and joint mobilization
- Electrical stimulation
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Light therapy
- Cold laser
- Mechanical traction
- Gait and functional training
- Vestibular rehabilitation
Physical therapists in their work use manual therapy, physical exercises, aqua therapy, acupuncture, special technological equipment and educational and informational methods (explain to the client the specifics of the course / implementation of certain biological processes). The physiotherapist’s job is to diagnose and classify the client’s specific movement problems and find effective solutions to improve movement, they also develop new effective treatment programs. Physical therapy considers the human condition as a holistic, interconnected systemic state, which consists of the psychological state, physical and lifestyle of the patient.
The physical therapy in New York, Queens will help if you or your relatives suffer from the following:
- Neurological system (stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease).
- Musculoskeletal system (congenital features, movement restrictions, back pain, sports injuries, arthritis).
- Cardiovascular system (chronic heart disease, rehabilitation after a heart attack).
- Respiratory system (asthma and other chronic diseases).
Doctors all over the word also recommend physical therapy for congenital features of the nervous and musculoskeletal systems, after transferring operations or injuries and for chronic diseases.
The performance of the therapy depends on the form of the underlying disease, and on the condition as a whole. We are all different. The same procedure may help someone more and someone less. As a rule, discomfort is minimal during physiotherapy. From current or heat, tingling, burning sensation appears, but they should not be strong. Also, physiotherapy cannot be performed if there are any oncological diseases, blood diseases, severe pain or bleeding. These contraindications to certain procedures are associated with intolerance to a particular type of treatment.
Physiotherapy is a big industry, so each type of treatment affects each organism in its own way. For more information and assistance, please contact the Advanced Medical Care in Queens or Brooklyn, 877-614-7171. Do not hesitate and remember that it’s always better to prevent the disease than to cure it.