Asthma is a respiratory disease characterized by spasms in the bronchi of the lungs that causes breathing difficulties. The long-term inflammatory conditions are dangerous and life-threatening, triggering cough and shortness of breath. Pain, chest tightness, giddiness, and even exhaustion are the key symptoms that may affect the quality of life. There are three strategies to control it:
- detect and limit contact with key triggers;
- take inhaled medicines as prescribed;
- monitor the condition to spot warning signs when it is worsening.
As soon as you notice that your symptoms are getting intensified, even with taking quick-relief asthma medicines, it’s time to consider acupuncture for bronchial asthma since numerous studies clearly prove that acupuncture, as a comprehensive therapy, is unequivocally effective in the treatment of lung diseases.
Find your natural asthma remedy
Asthma is a disorder of the immune system in which the airways are narrowed or blocked, usually inflamed. Applying acupuncture for asthma, bioactive points are used to reduce symptoms, such as wheezing, having a noticeable effect in the prevention of acute attacks and enhancing treatment of bronchospasms. Many patients experience instant relief after the first procedure. However, to reach a lasting result and improve general well-being, at least 12 sessions are required.
- The importance of a competent health care approach from a practitioner. A specialist conducting sessions of acupuncture for asthma and allergies must take into account the nature of the disease that has arisen. So, thin needles inserted into the skin will have positive outcomes only if the patient does not have such irreversible processes in the lungs as pneumosclerosis (fibrosis of the lungs) and emphysema (damaged and enlarged air sacs). In the case of such conditions occurrence, the ancient Chinese technique will be useless.
- Determining allergy triggers is imperative. To attain the expected healing results from such therapy as acupuncture for asthma, it is required to determine the allergen factor that led to the onset of the disease. The most common irritants here are dust, drugs, pet dander, and industrial chemicals. Having identified them correctly, it is necessary to adjust the person’s lifestyle to maximize the curing results from the medical needles.
- Strengthen your lungs. Needles therapy is based on stimulating life energy that flows through strategic points in our body, known as meridians. If this flow is blocked due to a variety of factors, it can lead to an array of health conditions. However, having pressure on the particular energetic highways can help you to restore the healing ability of your body and even manage such a disorder as asthma. Thus, by stimulating properly selected acupoints, the flow of lung Qi will be repaired while opening up the bronchial tubes, relaxing the respiratory muscles, and making it easier to breathe.
Needles can renew and enhance lung function, preventing inflammation of the airway, thereby such an alternative method plays a paramount role in asthma management. The procedure is considered one of the safest natural ways with no hazardous side effects when handled by a certified and knowledgeable practitioner.